Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:31:27 +0200

Hi Jay,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Jay McCarthy <address@hidden> wrote:
> This was very useful. I didn't have the problem with the minimal
> setup. I then went through my global modes, turning them off until I
> found that by turning off global-linum-mode it drastically improved
> the performance of org-mode and removed the crash. Great! Now, I'll
> try org-mode for realsies.

Thanks for reporting back. This has been reported at least once
before[1]. Maybe its time to document this on Worg. I hope you enjoy
orgmode (minus line numbers ;)).

To get started I would suggest going through the wonderful tutorials
on Worg[2]. Depending on what you expect from orgmode pick _one_ of
the tutorials and get started. As and when you come up with
circumstances where you need new features, you will usually find its
already available within orgmode and there is a corresponding
discussion on Worg. In the off chance the required feature is missing,
asking on the list will probably get you that feature within a few
weeks!

> Jay

GL

[1] <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/37860/focus=37864>