Re: [O] TODO type problem on speedbar and imenu.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] TODO type problem on speedbar and imenu.
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:30:28 +0200

On Aug 16, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am not sure this is a good idea.  With this patch, you always
>> require the space to be there.  So "* TODO" would not be a task.
>> I am not sure, this might have side effects.
>
> Notwithstanding the fontification problem, isn't "* TODO" considered as
> a valid task, whose text is "TODO" and without a keyword?

Well, the behavior is really undefined on these border cases.
My worries also stem from the possibility that the match
of these regexps now extends an additional character, and
there may be places in the code which rely on (match-end 0)
being right after (e.g.) the TODO keyword.
I do not know if this is the case, but it
is a definite possibility.

- Carsten