Re: [O] [odt] htmlfontify + Support for src blockfontification

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [odt] htmlfontify + Support for src blockfontification
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:59:03 +0200

Hi Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> I have patched up htmlfontify[1] to support fontification of odt
> source blocks.

The examples you sent look great!

> I am planning to submit the patch to emacs-devel.

The discussion will be more effective on emacs-orgmode mailing list,
because most users of the ODT exporters are reading it.

And since your patch relates to a feature that is not (yet) part of
Emacs, Emacs maintainers will not have good incentives to discuss and
test it.

> Till such time as this patch is integrated in to official Emacs, I
> would like to check-in a copy of htmlfontify.el into the contrib
> dir. Will there any objection to this?

Yes.  We must avoid duplicate code as much as possible, especially
when the code lives in Elisp libraries that have the same name.

There is already some duplicate code that we need to take care of:
org-html.el vs. org-xhtml.el.

I would like to make progress on merging these two files.  Can you
help me here?

Once we achieve this, we will be able to move the ODT exporter into
Org's core, and your patched version of htmlfontify will easily make its
way into Emacs core.

> I am attaching sample before and after files to tickle the curiosity.

Tickling worked fine :)

--
 Bastien