Re: [O] TODO type problem on speedbar and imenu.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] TODO type problem on speedbar and imenu.
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:07:01 +0200

Hi Carsten and Nicolas,

>> Notwithstanding the fontification problem, isn't "* TODO" considered as
>> a valid task, whose text is "TODO" and without a keyword?
>
> Well, the behavior is really undefined on these border cases.

There are side-effects to the current behavior.

Basically, in headlines like "* TODO", the TODO keyword will not be
matched correctly.  So in column view, "TODO" will be displayed as the
ITEM instead of the TODO keyword, which will certainly be confusing for
users (see my other email).

I suggest enforcing [ \t\n] instead of [ \t] to make sure those
headlines are handled correctly.

> My worries also stem from the possibility that the match
> of these regexps now extends an additional character, and
> there may be places in the code which rely on (match-end 0)
> being right after (e.g.) the TODO keyword.
> I do not know if this is the case, but it
> is a definite possibility.

Whether this is the case or not, I think the correct fix is to
enforce [ \t\n] _outside_ the TODO keyword submatch.

Nicolas, can you make the two suggested changes, i.e. using
[ \t\n] and make sure this string is required outside the TODO
keyword submatch?

If you don't have time just let me know and I'll do it.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien