[O] Org Mode export: xelatex

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: [O] Org Mode export: xelatex
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 17:39:47 +0200

I am aware I am not the only one who wants to export text written in
org-mode in pfd through XeLaTeX.  In fact, I am aware of Kieran
Healy's blog and of
<http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2011/04/nice-looking-pdfs-with-org-mode-and.html>,
but can't seem to find a solution that wotks for me.  I use Emacs 23
on a Windows Vista machine.

I do manage to persuade org-mode to use XeLaTeX instead of pdfLaTeX,
but org-mode insists upon including the fontenc and inputenc packages
even though in org-export-latex-default-packages-alist both packages
are set to "nil".  So compilation of the tex-file produced by org-mode
fails.  I can heal this by manually removing both packages from the
tex-file, but this, of course, detracts much from the convenience I am
used to in using org-mode.

Any hints how to solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Rainer
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften