Re: [O] org-icons package

From: Renzo Been
Subject: Re: [O] org-icons package
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:13:45 +0200

Hi Dan, Nicolas and list,

In my previous mail I wrote about using (and upgrading it for use with the
latest version of org-mode) Nicolas Girard's org-icons package, see:
http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.emacs.orgmode&article=44834

I've tried to contact Nicolas Girard (via e-mail and a google search). But I
have not heard back from him as yet.

When I checked the github for org-icons again I discovered that there was a
second branch by Dan Davison.
https://github.com/ngirard/org-icons/tree/dan

Dan,

Do you know how I can get in contact with Nicolas? Or do you have access to
the github for org-icons, so that it's code can be updated to work with the
latest version of org-mode? Did you and Nicolas ever think about including
org-icons into org-mode?

As for me, I'm happily using org-icons with org-mode 7.7, I've attached a new
and updated patch file that works on the latest org.el

Copy the patch "org-icons.patch" to the directory where you keep your "org.el"
cd to that directory
And then apply the patch like this:
patch -b org.el org-icons.patch

Of-course, if neither of you has the time to work on org-icons... I could make
a fork of the git repo, and make the changes myself. However, I do not have
much elisp knowledge...

Ciao,
Renzo