[O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 07:42:42 +0530

Bastien

I have made a decision not to merge org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt in
to Orgmode core. It is a very difficult decision for me to take
considering that I had put all my heart in to it. (Btw, this decision
has nothing to with me not having enough time at hand.)

I leave it up to the community on what would be the best place to "host"
this software. I am a signed contributor and all the above files have
their copyright assigned to FSF and the files are distributed under the
same license as Emacs itself. I would like to emphasize that I am the
SOLE AUTHOR of the above files. (More specifically, there is literally
none of the changes made by Lennart Borgman had made it's way in to the
final product. Though it retains some of the "influence" of his
involvement.)

At some point in time I would like to make a formal submission to GNU
ELPA to host this package as a personal initiative. Not having this
package in Orgmode core would also help me move fast in in having my
files in a distribution head.

I will happily fix any bug reports that come by way. I will be lot less
aggressive in adding features though.

I will not be making anymore commits to the Orgmode repo and I am
switching my development to a private branch.

Jambunathan K.