Re: [O] org-contacts and dates before 1970

From: Christoph Lange
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts and dates before 1970
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:59:07 +0200

Dear all,

please allow me to follow up on this mail with the question of how
this is really done.

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 20:03, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> Le Wang <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'm seeing another issue now, where if any org contact has a birthday
>> pre 1970, I get the error "Bad sexp at line xxx ...".  Does this work
>> for anyone else?
>> …
>
> This is probably related to the same problem as discussed in this
> thread:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/39206

I had the same problem and studied that thread, but still I have no
idea of what to put into the BIRTHDAY field of an org-contact. It must
be something like

:BIRTHDAY: %%(…)

but what expression do I have to use? I tried something like
%%(org-date 2011 08 22), but that does not work (same error: "Bad
sexp")

Cheers, and thanks in advance for any help,

Christoph

--
Christoph Lange, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Langec, ICQ# 51191833