Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:08:39 +0200

Hi Jambunathan,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Nothing I list is a serious error. But put everything together, I get a
> picture of a person who is holding the maintainership and falling
> seriously short of the role he is expected to play.

If the overall Org community is sharing your view, and if someone if
willing to step up as a maintainer, I am glad to step down as the Org
maintainer.

> There is a limit to person's patience. I am pouring all out because he
> called me "frustrated". Honesly who in his right mind would dare call a
> serious and committed contributor as "frustrated".

I meant it.  The word sounds harsh and I should have taken care of
making it clear I'm not _accusing_ you or whatsoever.  The fact that
my task is so big forces me to rely on people's patience, and I fully
recognize this can create frustration of some sort -- small examples:
Michael Brand has been mentioning a possible bug with priorities and
I have not had the time to look closely into it; I've not yet replied
to the thread about the possible APPT/EVENT feature raised by Jason
a while ago; etc.

I understand people can feel frustrated about things I don't have time
to do, and I'm (silently) thankful to them that they don't get more mad
at me.

> I hope after all these discussions he understands once and for all that
> Lennart Borgman has ZERO code in all the three files org-xhtml.el,
> org-lparse.el and org-odt.el.

Sorry, this was not clear to me, because Lennart was the original author
of org-parse.el.  But I believe you and I'm glad this is the case!

I hope we can move forward to improve Org again together.

Best,

--
 Bastien