Re: [O] Bug: :noexport: tag prevents table functioning as babel code blo

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: :noexport: tag prevents table functioning as babel code block input [7.7 (release_7.7.167.gfceb)]
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:34:33 +0200

Hi András,

András Major <address@hidden> writes:

> To me, the documentation is the leading specification of a piece of
> software.  Anything the software doesn't do that is in the docs is a
> bug,

Yes, a *major documentation bug*.

> but likewise anything it does do which the docs don't cover is
> also a bug.

I would call this a *minor documentation bug* (depending on the
importance of the side-effects, of course).

For example, not all variables get documented in the manual, and each
variable plays a role somewhere, as documented in its docstring -- it
would not be reasonable to try to document each variable in the manual
because it would make it completely unreadable.

So I'd rephrase your statement above:

  "Features that the user needs to know about and is not covered by the
  documentation is a bug."

But again, this is stating the obvious :)

Let's not spend too much time discussing theoretically -- patches
welcome!  :)

Best,

--
 Bastien