Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:13:34 +0530

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Jambunathan,
>
> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Nothing I list is a serious error. But put everything together, I get a
>> picture of a person who is holding the maintainership and falling
>> seriously short of the role he is expected to play.
>
> If the overall Org community is sharing your view, and if someone if
> willing to step up as a maintainer, I am glad to step down as the Org
> maintainer.

I have a task at hand which I am hoping to bring to fruition and it is
immaterial (in neutral sense of the word) who the maintainer is. I was
reflecting on what a maintainer's role is and what is expected of him.

There is no need for others to pitch in with their one cents and two
cents worth here and make sure that the discussions hit a bottomless
pit. Heed to your heart and stay away from responding to this.

>> I hope after all these discussions he understands once and for all that
>> Lennart Borgman has ZERO code in all the three files org-xhtml.el,
>> org-lparse.el and org-odt.el.
>
> Sorry, this was not clear to me, because Lennart was the original author
> of org-parse.el.  But I believe you and I'm glad this is the case!

README.org has this entry. Users can afford to NOT read README or
manuals. Maintainers are different beast altogether and they have higher
responsibilities. They are supposed to take full cognisance of material
presented to them.

As a maintainer you cannot afford to MISATTRIBUTE authorship.

,----

`----