Re: [O] Code vanishes on export

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] Code vanishes on export
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:07:34 +0530

> As far as I understand from Vikas' last remark, his org file is getting
> changed.

This is correct. I am glad at least one more person has reported
having faced the problem.

For the last few days, I have been manually copying my org file before
every export to save it.

The problem is that the file I am talking about reads a mysql
database, and does a lot of processing using R. The file will simply
not work for anyone else because you will not have the database that
it needs.

And even on that file, it is not as if the code vanishes everytime I
export. It happens on some occassions, and at the moment, I am unable
to say what triggers it.

I am aware that I am being ridiculously vague. But please give me a
day to experiment and I will hopefully figure out at least what
exactly is happenning. In the meanwhile, I am sure it will help if
somebody else who may be facing the same problem can report with some
details.

Vikas