Re: [O] My apprehensions listed (Re: Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] My apprehensions listed (Re: Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:21:38 +0200

Hi Jambunathan,

Thanks for your reply.

I will take one week of vacation next week (till sept. 5th) and try to
tackle the various issues about org-html.el and org-xhtml.el -- I will
then make a proposal that I hope we can both agree upon.

Again, let me rephrase that I have two goals: merging the ODT exporter
into Org's core, and keeping you as a motivated contributor to Org.  So
be reassured that I will do whatever I can in order to smooth out the
way we collaborate on this.

For the record, I disagree that those who make changes to org-html.el
should also backport their changes to org-xhtml.el.  For example: Emacs
developers make changes to Org in Emacs, and it is my responsability to
backport these changes into upstream Org, not their responsability.  It
doesn't mean we are stuck in a painful process.  I'm sure we can find a
smart way of dealing with this issue.

I like the motherhood metaphor: to my hears, it underlines how *patient*
we need to be!  And focused on the baby, not on our hope and fears.

So be it :)

Thanks!

--
 Bastien