Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:44:52 -1000

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hi Jambunathan,
>>
>>> I have made a decision not to merge org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt in
>>> to Orgmode core. It is a very difficult decision for me to take
>>> considering that I had put all my heart in to it. (Btw, this decision
>>> has nothing to with me not having enough time at hand.)
>>
>> As all, I'm puzzled by this statement, and wonder what went wrong
>> somehow.
>
> Without mincing words, Bastien has to learn how to respect and engage
> with serious contributors. He should take time to look at the data
> presented to him and put some serious effort before sending out an
> email. I am willing to overlook the fact that he seriously pissed me off
> with unkind words and committed a greater faux paus by inviting Lennart
> Borgman in to merge discussions. I am sorry to say this - Lennart
> Borgman did a half-baked work.
>
> I have been patient and tried my best to be as co-operative as
> possible. He just manages to get me on my nerves somehow. He simply
> didn't have the courtesy to reply to my mails when he simply disappeared
> from the list for 3 months or so. I hate to such callous attitude who
> claims to be a maintainer and wants to act like a maintainer.

Aloha Jambunathan K,

It is good to have you back.  The Org-mode community is poorer without
you.

Please understand that the Org-mode community is a community of
volunteers, committed to the cause of interesting and useful software.
When one of us contributes, as you have so generously, the contribution
represents commitment to that cause.

I have nothing but admiration for the contributions of Lennart Borgman
and Bastien Guerry.  I am eager to see what they will contribute
next.  I hope that you'll join me in expressing gratitude for all that they
have contributed and that, like me, you'll encourage them to contribute
as the spirit moves them.

I don't see any other way a community of volunteers can move forward.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye