Re: [O] Is it possible to markup one character in a word?

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to markup one character in a word?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:51:52 +0900

Hello,
** John Hendy [2011-08-25 07:06:54 -0500]:

> This seems incredibly similar to a thread that *just* took place. Take
> a look at this:
> --- http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg45883.html

Thanks, I read it.

> Any help there?

Actually not much, this was example from a table (see below).

Some time ago I tried to markup a word in source block and
found that it is impossible now.
I simply insert a html-aware text between #+{begin,end}_html and that work
but this is suboptimal even if I only want to get html after export.

So, is it easy to support in markup parse code the ZERO WIDTH SPACE?

I found about ZWS here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapping_of_Unicode_characters#Word_joiners_and_separators

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Vladimir Lomov <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi.

>> Is it possible to markup one character in a word, like e*X*ecute. For
>> now this don't work. I tried to add ZERO WIDTH SPACE (found on mailing
>> list) before first * and last * like in example e*X*ecute but this
>> don't work also.

*** Example

Imagine following example:

| Key bind   | Action                        |
|------------+-------------------------------|
|            | <29>                          |
|            | *Launch a program* (e*x*ecute) |
| W-x t      | launch terminal emulator rxvt-unicode (connect urxvtc client to
running urxvt server which should be already started) |
|            | *Launch a browser* (*b*rowser) |
| W-b f      | launch =firefox=           |
... etc

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
It has been observed that one's nose is never so happy as when it is
thrust into the affairs of another, from which some physiologists have