Re: [O] Bug: Babel: asymptote: erroneous conversion of heterogeneous-typ

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Babel: asymptote: erroneous conversion of heterogeneous-typed table
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:47:00 +0200

Hello,

Major A <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to use asymptote to plot the values in an Org table.  The table
> has cells with numbers but also cells with strings in them.  This table
> gets converted to an array of strings in the resulting asymptote file,
> with the strings escaped with double-quotes but not the numbers.  In
> asymptote, this is an error, so that no plot is produced.

I'm not sure to understand. Your array must have all its elements of the
same type. In this case, it detects that common type should be
"string". What else should it do in that case?

That being said, you can have rownames and colnames even in an array of
ints (see :rownames and :colnames headers arguments for your source
block).

In others words, you can plot, for example, the following table without
any problem:

| x | 1 | 2 | 3 |
| y | 1 | 4 | 9 |

Regards,