Re: [O] Bug: Babel: asymptote: erroneous conversi on of heterogeneous-ty

From: András Major
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Babel: asymptote: erroneous conversi on of heterogeneous-typed table
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:12:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Eric,

> > I've been away since my last post and now you've already applied a patch
> > -- wow!  Here's another thought though: change the behaviour of the :var
> > header argument such that you can specify a range of rows, columns, or
> > a rectangle just like in table references.
>
> This is already possible, see "Indexable variable values" [1].

Oh, sorry that I missed that.  I'll try it with indexed variables then.
Still the question arises why the syntax here is different from usual
table indexing -- why can't I use something along the lines of
":var t=table(@II$2..@>$4)"?

That would be really really nice.  Would it be hard to implement?

  András