Re: [O] org-bable and gnuplot

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] org-bable and gnuplot
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 13:21:55 -0500

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> Marvin Doyley <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am planning to use gnuplot to plot some data that I have in org table.
> > Everything is set-up correctly and gnuplot is installed my mac.
> > Unfortunately, when I run the following org file I get a zero byte file --
> > everything seems to run ok, except nothing is written to the output file.
> > Does anybody know what I am doing wrong ?

<snip>

> so if your gnuplot is like my gnuplot then "eps" is not a known terminal
> type.  I'd suggest trying the following.  Also, notice that I changed
> your "plot" line -- histograms are not intuitive in gnuplot.

<snip>

> #+begin_src gnuplot :var data=gnuplot-testing :file output.eps :exports both
> set term postscript
> set title "test"
> set auto x
> set style data histogram
> set style fill solid border -1
> set boxwidth 0.9
> plot data using 2:xtic(1)
> #+end_src

Shameless plug: this and more is available at the orgmode gnuplot
babel documentation on Worg. Check it out if you're interested.
--- Top level:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-gnuplot.html
--- This in particular (generating eps files):
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-gnuplot.html#sec-7_2