Re: [O] Best practices? Multiple .org files?

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Best practices? Multiple .org files?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 00:47:07 +0200

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
<address@hidden> wrote:
> But the original question remains. Is it better, regarding speed, to split
> the content into several files (all included in the agenda) or a single
> file will be faster?

If you have source blocks, one big file might be slow. As far as I
recall the issue was font-lock. I personally go for several agenda
files in the root directory categorised depending on kind of tasks or
notes. I have subdirectories (not included in agenda files) for
details on various projects. These are included in the
org-agenda-text-search-extra-files, so they are included when I do C-c
a s.

I hope that helps.

--
Suvayu