Re: [O] How to suppress \label commands in beamer export

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to suppress \label commands in beamer export
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 09:41:32 +0100

Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to convert a presentation I've done in beamer to org-mode. I'm
> going to improve this presentation and add more stuff to it. I'd like to do
> it in org-mode.
>
> However, org adds \label{sec-numbers} in the generated tex file after all
> environments and this adds some blank space between the blocks in the final
> presentation. I understand this extra blank space is more like a latex
> issue, but I couldn't find a way to stop org-mode from creating the \label
> lines.

Having looked at the code, there definitely does not appear to be any
way to turn these off.  It would be straightforward to modify the code

(when label
          (insert (mapconcat (lambda (l) (format "\\label{%s}" l))
                             label-list "\n") "\n"))

or, more likely, the code in =org-export-latex-subcontent= which
actually defines =label=? This could be made optional depending on the
num: #+OPTION, say?  But it may not be straightforward because labels
are not only due to sectioning, if I understand the code correctly...

However, the problem with spacing appears to be because of some
interaction between labels and overprint.  I wonder if maybe there is an
easier way (in the meantime) to accomplish what you want without
overprint?  Just curious...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.238.gc51b7)