Re: [O] FYI: Org mode testing framework, Emacs 23 and 22

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] FYI: Org mode testing framework, Emacs 23 and 22
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 07:50:02 -0600

Hi David,

David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

> Just FYI: I've tried to get the testing framework running on Emacs 23
> and Emacs 22 and succeeded to 50%:
>
>  - copying ert.el and ert-x.el from Emacs24 Git repository at
>    git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git with master on
>    231bffa3e6c37164fa40ad18bd27249cc7704e30 and installing jump.el is
>    sufficient to get the test suit running again
>
>  - not so much luck with Emacs22: Recent ERT requires `special-mode',
>    defined in simple.el from 23.x upwards.

Would it be possible to load a more recent version of simple.el in
Emacs22 to define special mode, and then see if ert loads successfully?

Also, did all tests pass successfully in Emacs23?

Currently on my system using Emacs24 all tests pass but those related to
fortran code block support, all of which are failing.

Once we have all tests running for Emacs>=22 it would be very nice (and
not too difficult) to add a post-update hook to the Org-mode git
repository which could run the test suite and record the results for
every version of Emacs with something like the following

emacs23 -Q --batch -l $ORGTESTSTUFF --eval "
(progn (org-test-run-all-tests)
       (htmlize-buffer)
       (write-file "commit-id-23.html"))"

Best -- Eric