[O] Problems with editing R source code in Linux

From: Julian Burgos
Subject: [O] Problems with editing R source code in Linux
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:14:33 +0000

Dear list,

I'm having some problems editing source code.  I recently moved from
Windows to Fedora 14 and maybe I'm missing something obvious  If so,
my apologies.

When pressing C-c ' to edit a block of R source code, I get the
following message in the minibuffer: "Language mode 'R-mode' fails
whith : "Opening input file"''

The code block gets opened in an ESS mode buffer, but if make changes
to the code they do not appear on the org-mode buffer (as they
should).  If I try to save from the ESS mode buffer, emacs ask for a
file to save in (instead of just saving the org file).  Finally, when
trying to close the edit buffer and go back to my org file, I get "C-c
' is undefined".

Any ideas of what could be going on?  This is a big issue for me, I do
all my work in R from org mode files.

These are my versions of emacs and org-mode:
GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.21.4) of
2010-07-08 on x86-10.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Org-mode version 7.7

Thanks for all the help,

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute