Re: [O] [odt/xhtml] Export lists as tables (list-tables)

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] [odt/xhtml] Export lists as tables (list-tables)
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:48:36 -0400

hi Nicolas

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hence, I would suggest to use a line like:
>
>                         #+attr_odt: list-table
>
> just above the list instead of the current choice of syntax.
>
> Now, as this file is meant to reach Org core, I really wish we can come
> up with a more general solution that will benefit to every other
> official export backend. Indeed, while developing one specific exporter
> is very useful, I personally think that, on the other hand, we must aim
> at providing users a consistent experience with any of them[2].

I think J's code handles both  xhtml &  odt exports; remember his
xhtml was originally developed as a possible basis for a new 'generic'
exporter. Given the goal of a general solution, why not just:

#+attr: list-table

with all the exporters aiming to support this feature if it ends up
being welcomed by the community as a whole.

> [2] I will probably submit code soon that should help greatly in that
> mission.

that sounds great, I really look forward to it and am glad to see so
many people working on the task of simplifying the creation and
management of the exporters!

Matt