Re: [O] [babel] Silent output in Org, but verbose export

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Silent output in Org, but verbose export
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:25:16 +0200

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Currently, the following does not seem possible:
>
> #+begin_src sh :results silent :exports results
> echo "I want to see this in HTML/PDF, but not in Org"
> #+end_src
>
> Is there a way to do so?  That is:
> - have no results inserted in the Org file
> - well inserted when exporting the Org file
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Hi Seb,

While this functionality isn't explicitly built into Org-mode the
following should work...

#+begin_src sh :results (if org-current-export-file "replace" "silent") :exports both
 echo  "I want to see this in HTML/PDF, but not in Org"
#+end_src

Without adding to many header  arguments, I think an additional value for the handling header argument ":results" would be useful: export_only, which, would implement this behaviour.

Cheers,

Rainer

Best -- Eric

--