Re: [O] Date-centric Clocktable

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Date-centric Clocktable
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 12:28:22 +0200

On Sep 7, 2011, at 12:16 PM, Olaf Dietsche wrote:

> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Why don't you just use a simple (perl/python/...) script to collect your
>>> data? Here's a quick hack in perl:
>>
>> That was my plan if I was not able to do from within Org. To me it would
>> be a lot faster than hacking something together in emacs-lisp,
>> unfortunately.
>
> If you insist on elisp, maybe something along these (untested) lines
> might work:
>
> ---8<--- cut here ---
> (defvar clockstable)
>
> (defun collect-clock-lines ()
>  (org-narrow-to-subtree)
>  (let ((re (concat "^[ \t]*" org-clock-string "[ \t]+\\(.+?\\)[ \t]+=>[
> \t]+\\(.+\\)"))
>       (headline (nth 4 (org-heading-components))))
>    (while (re-search-forward re)
>      (setq clockstable (concat clockstable (match-string 1) "|" headline "|"
> (match-string 2) "\n")))))
>
> (defun summarize-clocks ()
>  (interactive)
>  (setq clockstable "| date | headline | total |\n|-----+----+----|\n")
>  (org-map-entries collect-clock-lines nil 'agenda)
>  (insert clockstable))
> --- cut here --->8---

Hi Olaf,

this is great!  Maybe we should make this a little builtin function,
with a format specification to create the lines.
What is still missing, I think, is some sorting by time would.
Basically, use

  (org-float-time
   (apply 'encode-time (save-match-data (org-parse-time-string (match-string
1)))))

after the successful search for a clock string to get a floating
point number representing the starting time, collect the
line you are creating into an alist with the times and sort
them before inserting into the buffer.

- Carsten