Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 09:16:01 -0600

Hi Martyn

Martyn Jago <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric
>
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>> I just made three small changes to the testing framework so it is now
>> possible to run the test suite in batch mode with the following.
>>
>> emacs -Q --batch -l path/to/org/testing/org-test.el --eval "(setq
>> org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)" -f org-test-run-all-tests
>
> Great idea - unfortunately its not quite working for me since I get
> four failing tests. In addition I have no (easy) indication of which
> four tests are failing since the backtrace is just the output of the
> tests working (no backtrace for failed tests).

I'm getting four failing tests as well when I start Emacs with the -Q
option and no failing tests when I run it with my configuration loaded.
I will dig through my personal config, find out what options are making
these tests pass, and adjust the tests appropriately so that they all
pass with no personal config.

> This is what I like about the ert-run-batch commands - you get an
> indication and summary of tests passed, and the backtrace of any
> failures.
>
> Also, I mentioned that ert-batch.el and ert-run.el are not part of
> Emacs. This is actually because their contents were merged into ert.el
> within Emacs.

Thanks for mentioning the batch ert commands, I was not aware of their
existence.  I've added a batch version of org-test-run-all-tests to the
org-mode test suite, the following should now be sufficient to run the
test suite from the command line with nicer output.

#+begin_src sh
  emacs -Q --batch -l path/to/org/testing/org-test.el \
      --eval "(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)" \
      -f org-test-run-all-tests
#+end_src

Thanks -- Eric

--