Re: [O] Org minor mode in mail-mode

From: Rene
Subject: Re: [O] Org minor mode in mail-mode
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 02:12:15 +0000 (UTC)

René <jlr_0 <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Here is the the configuration I run
>
>    (defun turn-on-full-org-mailing ()
>      (turn-on-orgstruct++)
>      (turn-on-orgtbl)
>      (load "org-html-mail"))
>
>    (add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'turn-on-full-org-mailing)
>
> in order make use of Org minor mode (struct, tbl) within mail-mode.
>
> Unfortunately with this, calling M-q (fill-paragraph) right after the
> header separator ("--text follows this line--") leads to filling the
> header along with the first paragraph of my mail.

I found the right solution.  I just needed to toggle Filladapt minor mode.
This way `auto-fill-mode' and the `fill-paragraph' command are both smarter
about guessing a proper fill-prefix and finding paragraph boundaries when
indented lines and paragraphs are used.

  (require 'filladapt)
  (setq-default filladapt-mode t)

--