Re: [O] Org-mode using enumerate properties to export to LaTeX

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode using enumerate properties to export to LaTeX
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 20:06:21 +0100

Søren Mikkelsen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2011-09-11 15:18, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>> Søren Mikkelsen<address@hidden>  writes:
>>

>>> I am currently struggling with enumerating my numbered list with a
>>> prefix. In org-mode I have
>>>
>>>   1. This
>>>   2. is
>>>   3. a
>>>   4. numbered
>>>   5. list
>>
>> Try putting the line
>>
>> #+latex: \renewcommand{\theenumi}{R\arabic{enumi}}
>>
>> before the start of the list.  This changes how latex outputs the first
>> level (i) enumeration counter.  Set it back afterwards to the same thing
>> *without* the =R= to get the default behaviour.
>>
>> This is obviously a latex issue not specific to org.  For these cases,
>> there are some very good resources online.  e.g.
>>
>>    https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikibooks/en/wiki/LaTeX/
>>
>> and my all time favourite:
>>
>>    http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/info/visualFAQ/visualFAQ.pdf
>>
>> one of the best things about org as a writing mode is that you still
>> have access to most latex (and other export target) features in a
>> straightforward manner!
>>
>> HTH,
>> eric
>
> Thanks, I thought something like renewing a command could do the
> job. However it could be nice, if it was possible to export a list
> with a generic prefix on the lists.
>
> ---
> /aagaard

I'm not sure what you mean?  Doesn't what I posted above do the job?
This is the standard latex means of doing this, at least with the
default latex enumeration environment.

You may wish to check out other list environments; there are a few out
there, e.g. paralist.  However, I am not sure how the latex exporter
could be configured to pass the extra information that some of these
need to achieve what you want.

HTH,
eric