Re: [O] Org, latex and asymptote in a math project

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [O] Org, latex and asymptote in a math project
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:15:58 +0200

Jarmo Hurri <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Jarmo,

> 1. If I have understood correctly, in order for an asymptote image to be
>    included as an inline image, one has to specify a file name at the
>    beginning of the code block, as in
>
>    #+CAPTION: A test caption.
>    #+begin_src asymptote :file foo.pdf
>    size (1cm, 0);
>    filldraw (unitsquare, red);
>    #+end_src
>
>    It would be convenient if the user would not need to specify a
>    (unique) invented file name for the inline image.
can't you use the link facility?

1. open dired
2. go over the name of the file you need
3. C-c l
   [the path/namefile is saved in the kill ring]
4. back to the buffer you're editing
5. C-c C-l
   store the link

then you may find worth reading the  section of the manual:
Images in  export
-----------------
     #+CAPTION:    The black-body emission of the disk around HR 4049
     #+LABEL:      fig:SED-HR4049
     #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=5cm,angle=90
     [[./img/sed-hr4049.pdf]]

     #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=0.38\textwidth wrap placement={r}{0.4\textwidth}
     [[./img/hst.png]]

> 2. At least for me, _by far_ the most common way of referring to a
>    floating element (table or figure) is immediately before or after the
>    latex code that defines the float. For this, having to generate a
>    unique label for the float has always been an overkill, and I have
>    wanted a way to just refer to the previous or next float in the
>    document. In org this could mean something like specifying
>    #+AUTOLABEL and then some way of referring to the labels of the next
>    and previous float (regardless of whether they would be automatically
>    generated labels or standard named labels). Any support for this? Any
>    ideas regarding the syntax?
maybe you can use the property  :CUSTOM_ID: ? Manual: Internal links

hth,

Giovanni