Re: [O] Showing remaining time in agenda mode

From: Mats Kindahl
Subject: Re: [O] Showing remaining time in agenda mode
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 18:31:01 +0200

On 09/12/2011 06:18 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Mats Kindahl <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Hi Mats,
>>>
>>> Try customizing org-columns-default-format.
>> Thanks Bernt,
>>
>> But how to define different formats for tasks and days and how to
>> define the format for "Clock - Effort"?
> Hi Mats,
>
> I'm not sure what you need to put in for these requirements.  I'm not
> sure if column mode can calculate Clock - Effort for you automatically
> (but maybe it can with some fancy extra table formula).
>
> I only use column view in a fairly basic mode - showing item, estimate,
> and clock time with the following setting.
>
> (setq org-columns-default-format "%80ITEM(Task) %10Effort(Estimated
> Effort){:} %10CLOCKSUM")

Thanks Bernt,

I'll try the format you suggest and see how it handles the "day rows".
I tried another format involving some other fields, but this caused it
to not show the day summaries.

For how to fix the "Effort - Clock", I guess I have to go into the
code and see what I can do to tweak it.

Best wishes,
Mats Kindahl