[O] exporting subtree moves point

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] exporting subtree moves point
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:00:11 +0100

Hello,

I often export just a sub-tree ("C-c C-e 1 p" say).  At the end of the
export, my point has moved to the enclosing headline and mark is at the
end of the contents of that sub-tree.  This is a little annoying in that
I am often making small changes to see the effect on the final exported
document, especially when playing around with tikz.  Therefore, I find
myself having to move back manually to where I was before the export.

Is there an easy way to get back to where I was beyond setting a
bookmark or register location manually?  Or is there a way to have org
put me back to where I was (save-excursion of some sort maybe)?

If I remember to set a mark myself, I can get back to there by C-x
C-SPC.  Maybe I should just advise the export command?

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.280.gdbf0)