[O] Feature Requests: `org-refile-targets'

From: Dave Abrahams
Subject: [O] Feature Requests: `org-refile-targets'
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:48:00 -0400

Hi all,

I have two related feature requests:

1. The ability to refile based on properties.  I have a bunch of items
   with a :CATEGORY: entry in their property drawer.  I would like such
   items always to be refile targets.  So I'd like, perhaps, a regexp
   for property matching, e.g. "\\`:CATEGORY:.*"

2. In-buffer settings for `org-refile-targets'.  What makes an
   appropriate target in one file may not be a good target in another,
   and I want to be able to distribute the file with it refiling options
   built-in.

I can live without #2, since I can always use Emacs' file-local
variables to set `org-refile-targets', but #1 feels more urgent.

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing