Re: [O] Time estimates time format?

From: Johan Ekh
Subject: Re: [O] Time estimates time format?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:28:55 +0200

Thank you,

I've changed to

#+PROPERTY: Effort_ALL 2d 1w 2w 3w 4w 2m
#+COLUMNS: %40ITEM(Task) %17Effort(Estimated Effort){:} %CLOCKSUM

but there is no mapping between days, weeks, months and hours. For example,
'2d' + '1w' is summed as '3:00'. How can I change this?

The best for me would be to have the summed effort in weeks.

Best regards,
Johan

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Christian Egli <address@hidden> wrote:
Johan Ekh <address@hidden> writes:

> But I'd like to make estimates in days, weeks or even months.

You can certainly do that. Have a look at org-effort-durations. You
could for example define the effort as '2d', '4w' or '7m'.

> And have spent time displayed in percentage of the estimate. Is this
> possible?

You might be able to do something along this line. Have a look at the
doc string of org-properties-postprocess-alist where it gives you an
example on how to calculate the remaining time (clocked vs estimated).

HTH
--
Christian Egli