[O] bug#9610: 24.0.90; org-mode: sluggish response and high CPU utilizat

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: [O] bug#9610: 24.0.90; org-mode: sluggish response and high CPU utilization with large .org files
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 01:31:35 -0400

> Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:50:25 -0400
> From: Steve Revilak <address@hidden>
>
> I'd like to report an org-mode regression issue.  When working with
> large .org files, Emacs 24.0.90 becomes sluggish, and consumes large
> amounts of CPU.

If you type this:

  M-x set-variable RET bidi-paragraph-direction RET left-to-right RET

does the problem go away?

Org mode should do that by default, but the Org mode maintainer
(CC'ed) didn't yet respond to my repeated mails about this issue.

Bastien, please tell me whether you want me to make this change in the
Emacs repository, or wait for you to do it in the Org mode repo and
then merge to Emacs.