[O] Org buffers scroll to the very bottom on their own

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: [O] Org buffers scroll to the very bottom on their own
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:23:53 -0500

I just pulled the latest org from trunk and byte-compiled under
Windows; I am seeing bizarre behavior, where the point in an org-mode
buffer scrolls to the very bottom of the buffer.  It's as if someone
keeps pressing the down arrow key, or even S-M-[period].  Org is now
unusable.  Has anyone seen this before and can tell me what in the
world is happening?