[O] FR: Output to online comments

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [O] FR: Output to online comments
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:53:11 -0700

More of an invitation to brainstorm.

It isn't clear what HTML tags are allowed in Blogger comments and in
other online places, but ASCII, of course works.

We might get away with a limited HTML that only produces a few tags.
Another option is unfilled paragraphs in ASCII.  Neither is ideal, but
might be convenient for online comments.

The problem is that columns are often too narrow for filled
paragraphs, so the result is formatted incorrectly.  They need to be
unfilled.

I wonder if there could be an ASCII export option for unfilling filled
paragraphs.  It would have to be as a separate backend.  For email,
filled paragraphs (i.e. hard newlines) are often better.

Any solution might be imperfect, but it might be better than manual editing.

Samuel

I support the Whittemore-Peterson Institute (WPI)
===
Bigotry against people with serious diseases is still bigotry.