Re: [O] Checkbox difficulties

From: Dave Abrahams
Subject: Re: [O] Checkbox difficulties
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 16:57:25 -0400

on Sun Oct 02 2011, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm having two problems with checkboxes:
>>
>> 1. They're hard to navigate to.  I have a task with 4 checkboxed
>>    sub-items, and it's very fiddly getting my cursor in position to
>>    check them off.  Is there a trick for this?
>
> No. I use C-s to navigate to the check-boxes, like any other text.
> Also, you can use S-up and S-down once you have reached an item. I don't
> use these, though.

Thanks.  Since I realized it will work anywhere in the list item (and
not just in between the `[ ]'s, I don't have too much to complain about.

>> 2. When I have a repeating TODO item with checkbox dependencies, the
>>    boxes remain checked even when the TODO->DONE auto-rescheduling event
>>    happens.  Is there a way to get tehm unchecked?
>
> You may have a look to org-checklist.el in contrib directory.  It
> exactly does that.

Wow, that's awesome... we're *so* close... but how do I get it to
automatically mark the item DONE when the last box is checked?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing