Re: [O] would take more than an org-mode strip-down.

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: [O] would take more than an org-mode strip-down.
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:03:17 +0530

Suvayu ali said
This made me think, although not exactly what James is expecting but
it might be possible to package a minimal Emacs distribution with the
latest stable org-mode included as an alternate download. It could
supply some skeleton files which would be used as default
customisations and extended as the user grows in lisp proficiency.
Pretty much the same as `emacs -Q -l minimal-org.el'. This could be
offered as a download on the home page for non-techie users.

+1

There is a recent question on the python mailing list
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/38017fbf4c06f5f5#

A couple of us responded with '... you want org mode...'
It suggests one more user-story to the list I earlier suggested: org as mini-dbms.
[Traditionally spreadsheets are used for calculation as well as simply storing data]