Re: [O] headline navigation and refiling.

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: [O] headline navigation and refiling.
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 23:00:18 +0800

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On 5.10.2011, at 12:05, Le Wang wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I like using the org-refile interface to navigate.  It's very
>> intuitive to me.  But I want to navigate to headlines deeper than my
>> org-refile-target :max-level.  Is there anything to do other than
>> rolling my own?  I can see wouldn't be hard.
>
> You can write a little wrapper and set a special value for the refile targets:
>
> (defun my-goto-with-refile ()
>  (interactive)
>  (let ((org-refile-targets '((nil . (:maxlevel . 10)))))
>    (org-refile t)))

Yes, this is what I had in mind.

>> It feels headline navigation was just bolted onto org-refile.
>
> THis is how this happened, historically.

Okay, that's fine.  But doesn't the fact that a user didn't know he
could navigate with org-refile speak laudly for refactoring it into
its own key-stroke?

The audience of org-mode is growing larger than just emacs hackers or
even emacs users, as I hear of people coming to Emacs just for
org-mode all the time.  So this universal arg bolt-on for such an
important piece of functionality should be up for discussion.

--
Le