[O] org-outline-completion-in-steps

From: Le Wang
Subject: [O] org-outline-completion-in-steps
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 17:06:54 +0800

Hi all,

So I've started Emacs 23.3 with -q option, and I've got an org document open.  How do I go about completing in steps?

org-outline-path-complete-in-steps is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is t

Documentation:
Non-nil means, complete the outline path in hierarchical steps.
When Org-mode uses the refile interface to select an outline path
(see variable `org-refile-use-outline-path'), the completion of
the path can be done is a single go, or if can be done in steps down
the headline hierarchy.  Going in steps is probably the best if you
do not use a special completion package like `ido' or `icicles'.
However, when using these packages, going in one step can be very
fast, while still showing the whole path to the entry.

You can customize this variable.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but it looks like I can only compete against the top level, and when I press enter, it's selected.

--
Le