Re: [O] Include does not work when doing org-export-as-org

From: Henry Hirsch
Subject: Re: [O] Include does not work when doing org-export-as-org
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:09:35 +0200

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:37:54AM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> What is *your* use case? That is not at all clear, so far at least.
>
> Nick

I want to apply the don't repeat yourself (dry) principle to my org files.
For the documentation of software quality I have huge org documents
with a lot of tables which tend to repeat themselves since I
have to document the same parameters in different environments.

To prevent having to go through a lot of lines and files every time I
add a parameter to be documented or change anything else on the table
for that matter.

I would like to export it to an org file and have it put the included
files in that file. And while I realy don't get why org-export-as-org
does not do this. I am sure implementing this does not need to break
established api. It could very well be added as a seperate function.

If this needs any more clarification I will contribute every
information I can. Also I understand that there is not much motivation
to implement this since nobody besides me seems to mind the
absence of the functionality.

Thank you,
Henry