Re: [O] Ways to make org feasible for huge files

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Ways to make org feasible for huge files
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:23:07 -0500

4328, exactly the same amount of lines I have in the file.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:07 AM, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> Wow.. this worked Torsten. Thank you. I wonder why this happens...

linum-mode works with overlays to embed the numbers at the beginnig of
lines.  Overlays are very flexible but not too efficient, you don't want
to have too many of them.  Looking at linum.el, it seems it already does
pooling of overlays in order not to create one overlay for any line, but
I'm not sure.  Could you please do

 M-: (length linum-overlays) RET

in that large org file with linum-mode enabled and say what it returns
to satisfy my curiosity?

Bye,
Tassilo