Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2) , … ?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2) , … ?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:37:41 +0200

Hi all,

I am quite impressed by this discussion, thanks a lot.
I am an org-mode user for just a couple of days, and an emacs user for four
weeks today. Needless to say, I can't contribute anything useful to this
discussion.
The only thing(s) I would like to say is/are:
(1) If it is not too complicated from a technical point of view, I would
strongly recommend to enable lists like (1), (2), etc.  I gave some reasons in
one of my earlier e-mails in this thread. There are many more (from a
typography point of view, but also from a technical point of view [e.g., if you
have auto-pairing of parentheses enabled, it's just more convenient.]).
(2) From a LaTeX point of view, I am sure the experts here (and I mean everyone
in this thread except me) know the LaTeX package "enumitem". It gives the
greatest flexibility of creating lists I know of and behaves better in many
circumstances than other enumerate-like environments. So I can only recommend
using this approach for making lists (in which way this is possible/desirable I
can't tell since I'm not an org-mode expert).

I will certainly become a heavy org-mode user in the next months/years. Lists
like (1), (2),... I would definitely use a lot.

Cheers,

Marius