[O] Background color for literal examples in LaTeX export

From: Chris Malone
Subject: [O] Background color for literal examples in LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:14:07 -0700

Hi all,

I would like to include some lines in an example block and upon LaTeX export
give the block a colored background, analogous to HTML export.  For src blocks,
this is easy using =listings=, but the lines I want to include are not
necessarily source code.  By default an example block is exported in a LaTeX
=verbatim= environment.  There are LaTeX ways of changing the verbatim
environment to have a background and colors, but I'm curious if there is a way
to do this within org-mode with a flag or different type of block?

Another option would be to define a new language for the =src= block, which can
then use the =lstset= for listings, but this seems like more work than just
adding the LaTeX to renew the =verbatim= environment.

Chris