Re: [O] Org, Diffs, and Version Control

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: [O] Org, Diffs, and Version Control
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:32:45 +0530

Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> wrote:

> I was wondering what other people do.

I am using http://www.mayrhofer.eu.org/dvcs-autosync for
automatically committing of changes but without activated XMPP sync
feature (so far).

The already mentioned «git diff --color-words» helps me a lot when
examining my git history.

--
Karl Voit

dvcs-autosync is an interesting project
The OPs question IIUC is orthogonal to it.
The problem as I see it is that org mode docs are two things:
-- they are text mode data (when in emacs mode)
-- hierarchical data (when in org-specific mode)

Diff  unfortunately does not understand the hierarchical view.

I tried to see if xmldiff will run
And if it did then try pipe the output of org-docbook-export to it.

Unfortunately my attempts at getting xmldiff to run did not work