Re: [O] Prompt for time when clocking in?

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [O] Prompt for time when clocking in?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 11:15:46 -0500

Some progress --

I used Nick's suggestion combined with the org-read-date function.

This is my first attempt -- It will prompt you for a time, and clock
in to the headline that the cursor is on with that time.

(defun njn/clock-in-at-time()
       (interactive)
(setq start-time (org-read-date 't 't))
(org-clock-in nil start-time)
    )

It's a bit wonky if you clock in to a past time, and then you want to
resolve that clock, but my main use-case for now is this:

1) I start doing something
2) I forgot to clock in
3) I don't want to press 8 keys in order to clock in 15 minutes ago.

This solution should work for now.  Although, I could see it being a
handy way to
prompt for clock-in *and* clock-out times.

Thanks for the suggestions,

--Nate