Re: [O] [babel] Specifying buffer-wide header arguments: #+property vs #

From: Bernd Weiss
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Specifying buffer-wide header arguments: #+property vs #+babel (was: Cannot use R and sh)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:10:40 -0400

On 20.10.2011 14:58, Bernd Weiss wrote:

[...]

> With respect to the "#+BABEL..." syntax, I vaguely remember that this is
> deprecated. The Org Mode Manual, however, (still) mentions both ways...
> <http://orgmode.org/org.html#Header-arguments-in-Org_002dmode-properties>.

Earlier this year, Dan Davison wrote:

"Please note that it is possible to make an equivalent setting using

#+PROPERTY: session *R*

In fact, I suspect we are going to drop #+BABEL entirely, so please
consider it deprecated and use this form instead."

<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-02/msg00672.html>

I am wondering if this statement still holds true?

Bernd