Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Standardized code block keywords
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:48:49 -0600

So far I have the following.

code block names
| source  | dye     |
| srcname | dokos   |
| srcname | moe     |
| srcname | vauban  |
| srcname | wagner  |
| name    | goaziou |

call lines
| call | dye     |
| call | dokos   |
| call | moe     |
| call | vauban  |
| call | wagner  |
| call | goaziou |

data names
| object         | dye     |
| (data results) | wagner  |
| name           | goaziou |

It seems that srcname is pulling ahead for naming code blocks (to my
surprise) and that call is the clear winner for call lines.  labeling
data is certainly less obvious and has tricky entanglements with other
parts of Org-mode (e.g., tables will likely continue to be named with
tblname).

I'll likely be out of contact for the remainder of the weekend but when
I'm back I'll update tallies and we can see where the consensus stands.
Thanks to everyone who has or will reply, I think the best way to find
the most natural options for these decisions is through surveys and it
is great to have a community so willing to help.

Cheers -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/