[O] Sync with Outlook/Exchange (was: Recurring events with exceptions)

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Sync with Outlook/Exchange (was: Recurring events with exceptions)
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:38:01 +0200

* Skip Collins <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Yes, I have been informed that we are moving to Outlook/exchange in the
>> new year, something I am dreading...
>
> Lemerre's approach only syncs with the Outlook client, not the
> Exchange server. He suggests using RFC-2446 (iCalendar) as a basis for
> a more general solution. I think that trying to establish a smoothly
> syncing connection between org and exchange by using iCalendar is a
> recipe for frustration. This is mostly because Exchange's
> implementation of the standard is lacking.

Just a side note:

In my opinion, this is a *very important issue* for Org-mode.
Personally I know several people who would love to use
Emacs/Org-mode but are forced to use Outlook because of Exchange in
their office.

Whenever I present Org-mode to a variety of people, the question of
Outlook/Exchange support is one of the first being asked.

For now I am in the lucky position of no dependency to Exchange but I
guess this can change in the future.

PS: Please adopt the subject line to changing subject - especially
for important ones like here. Thanks! :-)

--
Karl Voit