Re: [O] How to include comments on export? org-exp-blocks.el?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] How to include comments on export? org-exp-blocks.el?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:52:32 -0400

Herbert Sitz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Herbert Sitz <hesitz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Can someone give an example of how org-exp-blocks (or anything else) could
> > be
> > used to export comment blocks as graphic notes in the text?
> >

> Just to add a bit.  I do have the following line in my .emacs:
>
>       (require 'org-exp-blocks)
>
> and I have a comment like this in my document:
>
> --- sample text below ----------
> * Heading one
> text here
> #+begin_comment
> some comment text here
> #+end_comment
> * Heading two
> --- sample text above ----------
>

> When I export it the headings and text print out but the comment doesn't.  I
> assume I need to do something more than have the 'require' for org-exp-blocks
> in
> my .emacs but I can't figure out what it is.

The only documentation there is seems to be in the file itself (and that is
not very complete). If you get it working, you might want to submit a patch
to improve the documentation.

Two hints from org-exp-blocks.el:

,----
`----

,----
| (defun org-export-blocks-preprocess ()
|   "Export all blocks according to the `org-export-blocks' block export alist.
| Does not export block types specified in specified in BLOCKS
| which defaults to the value of `org-export-blocks-witheld'."
`----

So I tried

(add-hook 'org-export-preprocess-hook (function org-export-blocks-preprocess))

and I get the comment in the HTML output.

Nick